Pages

Sep 25, 2009

so nice to see you, Betty!

finished the Hello Betty quilt - yay!!

the whole project was a lot of fun, i like the false hexagons very much, and this retro fabric is just perfect for them.


it turned out very nice: the binding in bright red gives the retro colors from Modas Hello Betty some funky, modern touch.


the quilting on the sides/borders went ok, i "made" some darts, but could hide them under the binding, lucky me!
the batting is 100%cotton, unwashed and because the Betty (Moda precut) fabric was unwashed, too, i actually had hoped for some major shrinking - but not really much happend as far as i can see. too bad.
but maybe my exessive steam-ironing the top and back did that trick?! If anybody has a suggestion to that: please let me know!!
all in all my second quilt is not perfect, either, but technically really a bit better than my first one, which is great - and a relief.
there are still lots of things to work on, especially the basting = putting together the quilt-sandwich. this is really a dreadful job to do. I hurry through it just to get it done while i really should take more care here. it probably would help a lot at the actual quilting part.
so what quilt will be next? A modern one? A Moda Arcadia one?
probably the Value Quilt i signed up for - more info about this quilt-along coming soon..

8 comments:

  1. Ich bin schwer beeindruckt!!! Großartig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved that fabric. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die Decke ist toll geworden. Dir ist die Zusammenstellung der einzelnen Stoffe wirklich gelungen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hello betty charm pack I really need to use, I love that line so much. And I started a half hexagon quilt...but it seems to have sat cut out, but hardly touched. I really need to get that done too.

    I love how your quilt turned out - it looks wonderful! And the puckers - well, you won't notice them after a while. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh so eine schöne wunderbare Decke! Herrliche Stöffchen und Muster!! Wer weiß wie lange du da hin und her gelegt hast :) ....
    Liebe Grüße
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  6. vielen Dank euch allen, und Uta: sehr witzig, ich hab etwas gebraucht zu verstehen, was du meinst :-) ging eigentlich ganz fix..
    schönsten gruß, claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one Claudia! I have an unhealthy obsession with 30s reproduction fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails