Pages

Mar 29, 2010

value quilt, second try

spring, time to clean and tidy up the studio.
i wish!
no, i just finished another bigger project, cleared the room after that a bit and so i "found" this stack of half square triangles i made for a value quilt last year but did not like it enough to actually make it.
well, i am still not too fond of the outcome but like the concept very much. Maybe i should try the value thing not with totally different fabrics but within one ore two color-groups like gree-blue or red-pink. i´ll check that out.


anyway, though this is way to colorful for my taste i am going to make this quilt - and hopefully some other person will be very happy about it..

here´s a little sneak preview of another project

sneak peak


have a good week!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you've just looked at it for too long, because I think the value quilt is wonderful! And I love that Rambling Rose in your new project. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really cute!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! About the red dot fabric, unfortunately it is vintage! I found it at an antique store and it has no selvedge. I wish it was new, I'd love some more of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the colours....

    you could try start with the blues..then the greens....then reds....then oranges...then yellows...

    etc...until you're complete, and the whole quilt is a "value" quilt as well.

    just a thought..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and thank you for stopping in to see my blog. I see you are using up your stash also. It must be the spring fever that we all get to get things done.
    I now must quilt all those unfinished tops.

    ReplyDelete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails