i finshed the "seing red" quilt - yay! i got the idea from Allison here at cluck.cluck.sew (and i am very thankful for it!).
all those half square triangles - because you sew on the bias of the fabric it is kind of hard to get them all the same size. well, at least for me it is :-) and that´s even though i squared them up after sewing them, again..
the squares are 5 1/2" big and i used some Kaufman essex cotton-linen blend with all those lovely reds.
at first i added some fuchsia-colored pieces, too, but took them out because a more or less clean red and white look really looks much better.
although there is a tiny bit of blue in some of the fabrics, but that doesn´t hurt.
the backing is made with some red and white flower fabric i got at frau tulpe some years ago, i had to add some red solid though to get the necessary length.
it is the same fabric as the binding which actually is a very nice effect it think.
i quilted in straight lines, again, and like it very much on this one. however i wanted to add some vertical lines, too, but got some puckers just doing the first row so i unpicked it and left it quilted just with horizontal and diagonal lines.
one day i will manage to do the whole shebang..