Pages

May 29, 2010

euro bee june - test block

here´s my test block for june, my euro bee month.
Kona cotton "Windsor" plus "simply sweet" dots in blue from quiltsoup.

the block is called Love in a Mist - because the original version is very pale i guess.

you can find the pattern here at quilterscache, which is a great place to find free block patterns. Marcia collected and wrote tons of blocks and you can browse through them quite easily. Thanks Marcia!!! 

Achtung baby: there´s self-starting music, so don´t be as startled as me when you go there..

And thanks to Penny from sewtakeahike (a wonderful site by the way, where you get lots of inspiration and how-tos!) for helping me with finding the names of my fabric from a scrapbag!

and speaking of Penny - wanted to wait till i get the fabrics but i just can´t hold it any longer:

i won one of her giveaways!! and i never won anything on the internet before and god knows i did try :-)

and it is a super-cool prize, too: a very generous gift-certificate for 60$ (!!)from the fab superbuzzy-store, THE place to buy all kinds of japanese sewing goodies.

so i already spent all that money as you can guess, and some yards of oh-so-beautiful-fabrics are already on their way from sunny California to not so sunny Bavaria. can´t wait..

Thanks again to Penny and superbuzzy!!!!!!!!!

btw: did anyone think of the Pixies lately? well, i did.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that you had one that prize. Congratulations. I can't wait to see what you ordered and what you make with it. I like your test block. The Windsor fabric is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your price - lucky girl!!!!
    I just discovered your block for June ... lovely I have to admit! I love to do it (even there´s a lot of corners to fit:)
    ...and maybe I learn to like again dark blue too(I had to much in my childhood too)

    ReplyDelete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails