Pages

Oct 29, 2010

bloggers´s quilt festival fall 2010

retro mini quilt

it´s this time of the year again: blogger´s quilt festival, initiated by Amy of Amys creative side - thanks so much Amy, great work!!

so welcome to all the quilters from all over the world who found me this way - and of course welcome to the regular folks, too!!


i chose to show you my retro mini quilt for this festival: it is not very big (hence the "mini" :-), about 21inches or half a meter square.
the colored pieces are made with some repro or retro-looking fabric and the 1 inch squares are tiny for my taste but i managed to put them together.
(and on the "retro-looking": before i made this quilt i actually did not really notice the retro-charm of the Katie Jump Rope fabrics by Denyse Schmidt. how strange.. take for instance the green binding fabric. strange.)

the colors are soft and warm but the natural solid really makes them shine, the quilting of such a small piece was a joy to do and though it´s far from perfect it is one of my better handiwork.

retro mini quilt detail

the wheel was not as hard to sew as i thought and it fits the fabric choices very nicely i think.
the straight, modern quilting then is a contrast which was intended and works for me.

this little quilt is hanging in my sewing room above my sewing machine and i am happy everytime i look at it, it comforts and inspires me.

so thanks for stopping by, i´d love to hear from you and please go and see lots and lots of other quilts right here, i know i will!

and for adventurous readers from the US: please check out my page about apartment swapping in 2011 (you can find it below my header), maybe you´re interested to stay in Munich, Bavaria for a while :-)

46 comments:

  1. I really love this quilt. I think it is the contrasts of the bright colours with the warm neutral solid fabric. I wish I had the nerve to try curved pieces. One day .........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics and lovely quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that little quilt a lot. And I like the way you quilted it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this quilt! It made me smile the second I saw it! So cherry and happy. Now I want to try a wheel, never tried curved lines of any kind in my piecing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a charming quilt. The quilting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful quilt! I love the handquilting in the center.
    great job,
    julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great quilt. I love the way the fabrics are showcased. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this. So inspiring. I love the retro fabrics on the neutral backgroud. I'm saving this one as a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty wall-hanging. I think I might try to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! This is a beautiful quilt! Love the natural colored background and the scrappy bits of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Claudia, I love it! I mentioned to Alex the possibility that you might like to like to do the apartment swap next year and come here to Canada (as we talked about before) and he's all for it! So if you still want to come to Canada at some point, let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Schöne Arbeit. Ich liebe die helle Farben.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute. I love all the happy fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your quilt and fabrics! also love the idea of apt. swapping, i wish the time was right for me...but alas, not possible. good luck though!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soooooo pretty! I love the contrast with the quilting, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The perfect choice of fabrics for this pattern. I love that it hangs near your sewing machine and makes you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the retro feel of the quilt . Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claudia, I love it!!! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun quilt with the colorful wheel!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your use of circles and squares. The quilting is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore colour wheel quilts. Yours is amazing and beautifully put together. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's very beautiful. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love this quilt. Your color choices are great. I bet it really DOES make you smile when you look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your quilt is very pretty! I like the warm neutral color you chose. Your quilting stitches are very nice as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The colours look great against the background in this quilt. I realy like the effect you have created with the quilting. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very cheerful quilt.

    Blessings

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a cute quilt. Love the fabrics and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ti ispira quando lo guardi nella stanza del cucito perchè è veramente delizioso
    Ciao Domenica

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is adorable! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a nice and cheerful quilt! Love your use of 30's fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like this one! Great work, the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. this is gorgeous...reproductions are my favorite fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. so cute! I really like the retro fabrics and the way they look together in those tiny pieces!

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hallo!
    i love your quilt, you had excellent taste in the colour combination and design.
    also, it's nice to see quilting spreading all over the world, i usually feel pretty lonely...

    cheers from Portugal!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just love those fabric colors! What a fun design too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very nicely done. I don't really like working with small pieces either. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The mini quilt is just darling! I especially love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  38. the pattern shows off the fabrics beautifuly.
    nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love those fabrics... It's perfect for a smaller quilt like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your quilting is fantastic. What a lovely little piece!

    ReplyDelete
  41. lovely little quilt. that circle is adorable and the fabrics are so bright and fun. thanks for sharing and have a great day. you live in a fantastic city...loved the times we were able to visit when we lived in germany in late 70's and then again in 80's.

    ReplyDelete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails