Pages

Nov 6, 2010

christmas topper, 2nd try



ok, i am on a mission to use up my christmas fabric - a little dent in my stash was made by making this table topper.
it´s a star pattern i used for some hope valley fabric, too (still have to make a pillow out of that top..).

and i really think it is better than the most-boring-topper-ever i made before (won´t link to that again :-), but the crucial point is the contrast, which is better with the Kona Snow than with some beige/natural essex but it´s still not quite enough to make it "sing" as some people might put it :-)

table topper with backing

By the way: did you know that Kona Snow is a tone of white which looks a tiny bit dirty? I know that "dirty" won´t by any chance be the right expression for this but a) it does look a bit dirty and b) i don´t know the right term.
I am a total newbie to whites, the Snow and the Kona White are my first yardage, and i guess i thought that Snow would be the screaming white when it actually is the White white which screams. just letting you know..
and i am kind of liking this white-business. it does make the colors pop (surprise, surprise) but i am a bit worried what will happen when you wash these combos frequently.
well, i´ll find that out sooner or later.

now lets all go and sew something, see you soon!!

2 comments:

  1. I, too, think that Kona Snow looks a bit dirty...I prefer using the 'pfd bleach white' (Kona*) or the Bella Solid equivalent. It's not white as fresh snow but gives a crisp enough contrast. But sometimes the old plain white is just the right choice...
    Sadly you can't come to the café tomorrow - I could bring my color cards for you to show!

    http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/kona_cotton/k001-1287/?fabrics&basics

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.: sorry, totally forgot to mention that I really like your new Christmas table topper!!!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails