Pages

Nov 14, 2010

sea quilt - blocks with borders



today i put borders on the blocks of my Euro Bee blocks. i almost run out of the blue Kona solid, so i had to piece some of the border strips quite heavily - looks a bit funny (embarrassing..), but i plan to disguise that with a lot of quilting. hope that´ll work.

these blocks actually came back to me in three sizes :-)
i reduced the original block sizing from the tutorial we used a bit and not everybody saw/got that, so that is totally my fault and a good learning for my next bee block: keep to the size of the tut you use, everything else will at least irritate at least one person.
where that third size came from is a mystery to me though.. :-) but it´s a wonderfully sewn block.

however, because i was planning on putting borders on the blocks anyway these different sizes are not really an issue: you can hardly see it i think.

today i also finished the november block for sewperstitious for the Bee Germany:

block für Lina, bee germany nov 2010

she´d sent out fabric in blue, green and custard and left the design decision of the block totally open.

i went for a brick design i saw in some preview pictures of Malka from Stich in dyes new book, simplified it a bit and started to do my quilters math.
well, this did not went too well, i do have serious problems with sizing in cm when i always use a quarter inch seam allowance. so the block is not really correct, but at least the size is right.
hope Lina will like it anyway..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails