Pages

Dec 19, 2010

finally some sewing..


this lovely star is a test block for the January task of the Bee Germany. I really adore the pattern and wanted to try it for quite some time, so thanks very much to Ulrike for this one!!

to get and keep the pieces as straight as possible i used some freezerpaper. this method takes some time because there is quite some cutting involved but it is really worth it. at least for me because i am not too good with sewing on the bias..

another "project" i finished is this fitted sheet i had to make smaller

working on a fitted sheet

i bought an 140x200 sheet online and got 160x200cm. because it is quite hard to actually find some 140 sheets (simple, strong cotton, not jersey or anything else) i did not return it but thought i´d use my sewing-skills on this one :-) (after getting a dicount for the wrong delivery of course). and although i did not measure too accurately it all worked out fine and now the sheet fits perfectly.

as christmas is approaching faster i am still working on the pair of socks, but i am pretty sure i will finish them tonight and send them out tomorrow.

oh, and the couch drama came to a good end:

new couch

it is perfect and the cats got used to it already.

have a great Sunday!!

1 comment:

  1. Ach, Du wirst mir immer sympathischer! Ich mag auch kein Jersy Laken... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails