Pages

Jun 30, 2013

fat quarterly retreat 2013



Hi there! I am Claudia from Munich, Germany, so nice to have you here on my blog!



I started sewing in 2008 because knitting just took so very, very looooong.. :-) The internet was my teacher and i can´t thank it enough.

I like to sew all kinds of things, but mostly utilitarian stuff. Lately i dipped my feet into garmet sewing but am still not sure what to think of it (except for pj pants that is, those a great handmade, all those beautiful fabric choices to wear at night.. :-) : is it worth the time? Are my results really wearable outside of my home? Do I really want to start another stash next to my quilting fabrics? You get the drift..

Quilting really is my first love. Cutting up beautiful fabric and then sewing it back together to make something warm and useful is one of the best things i ever learned (However, I am sure we all know the truly best part of quilting is the fabric-shopping).

stuff like this you will only get in GB :-) They actually tasted kind of good in a weird way.


This will be my second time at the FQ retreat which tells you that i loved it there last year! To meet so many new and "old" online friends (it´s like the "european branch of the company") was wonderful, we had lots of fun, learned stuff and the food was great, too. Plus I love London (I know, who doesn´t?), there´s so much to explore and try out there.
Last year for example it was cupcakes at the Hummingbird Bakery (the Kensington shop is quite close to our venue, so if you need some serious baked goods-goodness, try it) and a visit to the Victoria and Albert (that´s even closer) outside of the retreat for me, this year i´ll try to get to eat at one of Ottolenghis vegetarian restaurants and head for Tate Modern.

look who came to visit last year..


I will be at Katys Spring Carnival class, try to lear Touchdraw with Lynne, I´ll even try to hand-quilt with Mandy and finally will sew a flexi pouch with Tacha - very good classes, aren´t they?!
Plus I am looking forward especially to the ugly fabric swap - we saw some really, really bad stuff last year and i have high hopes for this season..

Btw: If you are a brand-new retreater you might want to check out my last years post about 5 reasons why not to fear to go to retreats :-)

Please say hi when you meet me and please forgive me if i don´t recognize you instantly, I am not too good with names..

Anyway, i can´t wait for these last weeks to get by and then meet you all at the fat quarterly retreat 2013 in London!!


30 comments:

  1. Yay I am in the flexi purse class too :) I got some really fugly fabric last year but I liked it (does that make me odd??). Can't wait to see you again Claudia - wanna spill a beer on me again!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem for me, spilling stuff on you! i am very good at that.. :-)

      Delete
  2. aaawh, you are doing different workshops than me! I'm sure we can chat a bit between or after classes though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too bad, Nicole, but yes, let´s chat then between classes!!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you again. Last year you put a stop to my zip fears and now there is no stopping me! Di x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di, I am still so happy that i actually helped people with their zipper-fears :-) It will be so good to see you again!!

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing you again soon Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to meeting you-we're not in any classes together, but its such a sociable event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathereine, yes, it is, so we´ll meet and chat for sure :-) Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  6. Hi Claudia!!! and nice to meet you! I am Chola from Argentina and I must to tell you, I've been in Munich and I adored that city!!!!!!! I am glad that you are from such a lovely place and I think that your work is lovely too. I like to post about things of the places that I've been, and cassually I posted about Munich!
    See you!
    Chola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Chola, nice to meet you, too!! I am so glad you liked it here in Munich, it is really a beautiful city.. your post on Munich is great, i love the pics although i don´t understand the text :-) Greetings to Argentina!!

      Delete
  7. Hurrah, I'm in two of your classes, the flexi pouch and hand quilting with Mandy. Can't wait for the retreat, just need to make a bag to transport my cutting mat and other sewing stuff and then I'm ready. I'll make sure to wear my name tag ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay, we´ll meet again!! And yes, please wear your nametag.. :-) Can´t wait, Eli!!!

      Delete
  8. I will see you in Tacha's class, if not before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. not if i see you first :-) (sorry for that, couldn´t resist :-)

      Delete
  9. Eeeep! Not long now! I'm so very very excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it´s a bit like with birthday parties when we where kids.. :-)

      Delete
  10. So great we are going to meet there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Aylin!!! Can´t wait, finally :-)

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to seeing you there, had so much fun in your zippered pouch class last year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! Can´t wait to meet you again, too!!

      Delete
  12. What a brilliant post for newbie retreaters! I'm not in any of your classes, but can't wait to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! We´ll just have to meet inbetween classes, that shouldn´t be a problem. Safe travels and see you :-)

      Delete
  13. Hummingbird bakery....how did I miss that last year! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. See you on Thursday....Cupcakes, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. see you there and looking forward to the cupcake trip

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh Claudia can I try out my German on you again! Or maybe not!??

    ReplyDelete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails