Pages

Sep 9, 2013

berlin



Last week I`ve been to Berlin to attend to a Social Media class - and it was great: the city felt like coming home (I´ve lived there for 13 years and even though a lot changed after i moved away it all came back pretty fast) and the workshop was fun, too: I learned a lot (especially about wordpress: that looks like an amazing blogging-tool, way better than blogger! I am so gonna check that out..) and met some really amazing people. Too bad there´s never enough time, I would have loved to meet up with some of my quilting peeps like Floh, Miriam or Aylin.. Next time!

It was a good week.. How was yours?
::::::::::
Letzte Woche war ich in Berlin auf einem Social Media Seminar. Und schön war´s: es fühlte sich an wie "nach Hause kommen" (obwohl - oder wohl eher weil - auch gleich in meiner ersten SBahn vom Bahnhof schon wieder heftigst rumgeschrien wurde.. :-). Ich hab 13 Jahre lang da gelebt und auch wenn sich seit meinem Wegzug viel verändert hat, war ich ganz schnell wieder "drin". Der Workshop war auch gut: viel gelernt (vor allem auch über Wordpress: das scheint ja ein super Blogging-tool zu sein, deutlich komfortabler als blogger und damit bin ich eigentlich ganz zufrieden gewesen bisher. Ich werde das mal ausprobieren..) und einige tolle Leute getroffen. Leider ist ja nie genug Zeit für alles, sonst hätte ich mich total gerne mit einigen Berliner Quilterinnen wie Floh, Miriam oder Aylin getroffen.. Hoffentlich beim nächsten Mal!

Das war eine gute Woche.. Wie war eure?

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE Berlin so much. Would move there in a heartbeat if I could!

    WordPress really is a breeze. I've only just barely scratched the surface but it takes practically no technical know-how to set up a blog and it's all free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment! I can´t wait to look more into wordpress, it seems really amazing. And Berlin: I actually do think about moving there :-)

      Delete
  2. I bet Berlin is very different to the city I visited on a school trip around 1990/91, although I think I was too young to fully understand and appreciate what I was witnessing; cranes lifting away the remains of the wall (apparently to rich American buyers?) Check Point Charlie being demolished, and we were there the day Gorbachev was arrested and the remaining Red Army soldiers were marching around the city protesting. Sadly no camera phones in those days! I did bring home a very small piece of the wall though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, thanks for commenting! I bet it was very different in the very early nineties, I moved there in ´93 and still could feel a lot of that eastern/western clash. Good for you that you own a piece of the wall, I think that´s amazing!

      Delete
  3. My husband and I spent a week in Berlin in December of 2001. Most of my memories of Berlin are in the dark because the sun went down at around 4:00 p.m.! It was a beautiful city, and we said we'd love to go back in about 15 years when all the construction was done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, Berlin is quite rough in the winter, that is so true! A lot has changed since early 2000, you should totally plan a trip for next year or 2016, although there still is a vast amount of building sites in the city :-) I guess they´ll never really be done with it.

      Delete
  4. We will see us next time! Love all your foots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really hope we will!! See you soon and take care :-)

      Delete
  5. Ach Claudia - nicht Berlin! Obwohl ich das verstehe, die Stadt ist toll! Aber München auch! Ich komme mir langsam vor wie Betty (Bett und ihre Schwestern, du kennst das?) alle gehen weg und ich bleib zurück! Lieben Gruß!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Dorothee, ich fürchte doch.. :-) Aber ich bin dann ja nicht aus der Welt!! Wir müssen dann eben überregionale MUC-B-Modern Quilting Gruppen Treffen organisieren! Bis ganz bald, hier in M

      Delete
  6. Berlin!-Berlin!-wir fahren nach Berlin!!! so, so, das ist ja ein Ding ;-) Allerdings kann ich das auch gut verstehen, schließlich kommen da gescheite Leute her (wie ich - bin da geboren) und dann wohnen da auch welche (die oben genannten...)! Arme Dorotee, das ist ja wie die 10 kleinen Jägermeister! Das mit der überregionalen MUC-B-Modern-Quiltgroup machen wir dann praktischer Weise in Frankfurt :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liebe Andrea, ja, wie bei den kleinen Jägermeistern :-) Aber mit mir ist dann wohl hoffentlich mal ein Ende erreicht.. Und klar sollten wir uns in Frankfurt treffen, das liegt schön zwischendrin! Viele Grüße dir und bis bald mal wieder beim skypen..

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a great trip Claudia! It is fun to go back somewhere you used to live ... we went back to Ottawa last year, having been away 15 years. We just wandered the streets finding our old favourite places and saying "Look, that's new!" and "Look, it's still there!" I'm glad you're having a lovely week ... I am too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula!! Wow, being away from a place for 15 years is a long time.. But I am glad the two of you enjoyed it!! See you online!!!

      Delete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails