Pages

Feb 22, 2015

The Best Bran Muffins / Weizenkleie Muffins



These muffins are great for breakfast or an afternoon break when I crave some cake: healthy but still sweet enough to feel like a treat and very filling.
The recipe is inspired by this one by David Lebovitz but with much less fat and sugar - and hassle :-) And the added bonus-banana gives my version quite a different taste..
Try both and find your own perfect mixture!

The Best Bran Muffins (3PP each)

125 gr brans / Weizenkleie
50 gr whole wheat flour / Vollkornmehl
40 gr flour / Weissmehl 405
35 gr sugar / Zucker (brown is nice, white works, too)
1 teaspoon/Teelöffel soda / Natron (not heaped / gestrichen)
1 teaspoon/Teel. baking powder / Backpulver (not heaped / gestrichen)
1/2 teaspoon/Teel. Salt
50 gr raisins / Rosinen
------
175 gr water / Wasser
120 gr yoghurt / Joghurt (I usually mix about 60gr with water / ich mische meist Joghurt/Wasser halbe-halbe)
50 gr oil / Öl
2 eggs / Eier
1 very ripe banana (sehr reif), mashed / zerdrückt

Mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients and blend both together. It´s going to be a very wet dough. Fill 12 - 15 muffin cups and bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.
These muffins are good for several days if kept in a tin. Delish just plain or with nut butter and banana slices..

Let me know what you think and have a nice Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I just made these Claudia! They're delicious! I've made David's before too, but yours are much more to my taste. I don't feel guilty when I eat 3 at once!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thank you so much for trying my muffin recipe and liking it!! That makes me so happy :-)

      Delete

Willkommen auf dem machen und tun Blog aus München!
Ich freue mich immer über Eure Kommentare und Fragen. Die Sicherheitsabfrage muss leider manchmal eingeschaltet sein, um dem Spam etwas Einhalt zu gebieten, sorry dafür! ::::::::::::::::::::
I love to hear from you! So sorry though you´ll have to pass the security thingy now and then: otherwise I´ll drown in spam..

Related Posts with Thumbnails